What is couperose skin?
Couperose skin is characterized by the visible presence of capillaries which are usually bright red in color and occur due to poor elasticity of the capillary walls.
What causes couperose skin?
Couperose is caused by both external and genetic factors. A thicker, darker skin with normal or slightly increased sebum is less likely to fall victim to couperose due to its increased insulation; while a thin, fair, dry skin is much more vulnerable.
Here are some risk factors that can lead to couperose:
- Extreme and sudden changes of temperature
- Over-exposure to the sun
- Exercise or working in high heat conditions
- Hot drinks and spicy food
- Alcohol and cigarettes
- Medical conditions, such as high blood pressure
- Harsh or incorrect use of skincare products
What are thread veins?
Thread veins are tiny blood vessels which run close to the surface of the skin and look like fine red, or sometimes purple, wiggly lines.
What causes thread veins?
Thread veins tend to develop as we age and our skin and blood vessels become less elastic.
Here some risk factors that can lead to thread veins:
- Hormonal changes
- Menopause is thought to provoke their development – this is the reason why women are more prone to thread veins than are men
- Genetics – inherited family tendency
- Exposure to wind or extreme temperatures
- Cortico-steroid medicines and radiotherapy
BALSAM ZUR REDUKTION VON HAUTRÖTUNGEN & ÄDERCHEN
Examples photographs detailing the effects of Couperose Thread & Spider Veins Balm treatment of subject no. 13:
The skin becomes less red, veins are less visible and a more uniﬁed appearance is acheived.
MADE IN SWITZERLAND
Die Natur ist unsere Quelle der Inspiration und Innovation